JOB TITLE: Donor Relations Associate
REPORTS TO: Director of Mission Advancement
EMPLOYMENT TERMS: Full time, permanent
UNITED WAY OF ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, INC.
Posted: October 5, 2015
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. These guidelines may change to meet the specific business needs of United Way of St. Joseph County (UWSJC).
SUMMARY & SCOPE:
Develop, retain and significantly grow the level of financial support and commitment to United Way of St. Joseph County’s (UWSJC’s) work. Maintain and continuously develop relationships with key constituents at various levels within assigned company and individual accounts. Identify viable opportunities for additional involvement with UWSJC. Work closely with constituents to plan, organize and implement campaign and other United Way activities to ensure a successful, stronger and sustained United Way commitment. Aggressively identify, recruit and develop new business prospects to ensure continued campaign growth.Successful candidates will demonstrate the following strengths:
- Ability to Drive Revenue
- Strategic Relationship Building
- Effective & Engaging Communicator
- Embraces and Manages Change
- Entrepreneurial and Innovative
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
[What is described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.]
- Achieve established organization financial goals for assigned accounts, new donors and new business development.
- Achieve annual goals for number of donor or prospect calls and visits.
- Aggressively identify, recruit and develop prospects for new business development on a year-round basis. New business can include new workplace campaigns, new corporate gifts, new sponsorships, and new gifts in kind for UWSJC.
- Manage and nurture assigned accounts to develop stronger United Way (UW) relationships, commitment and workplace campaign support. Maintain consistent account contact and creatively explore and introduce additional UW opportunities, as appropriate (i.e. volunteerism, sponsorships, etc.).
- Analyze campaign potential and results for assigned accounts in order to develop market segments that will determine each account's relationship and financial goals. Leverage segmentation data to provide strategic, targeted account management and excellent customer service. This may involve long-term strategic plans with aggressive goals.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit individual donors and prospects at the leadership level.
- Assist in growing membership and financial support in UWSJC's donor segment groups.
- Effectively convey UWSJC's value proposition, mission and priorities effectively to the general public, businesses and community leaders.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment and training according to campaign timetables.
- Maintain current and accurate information in UWSJC’s database and CRM tools on all prospects and assigned accounts.
- Develop and execute an annual individual work plan with measurable goals that reflect division and UWSJC objectives.
- Actively engage in business networking opportunities.
- Promote established organizational values among internal and external UW constituents.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Promote a cooperative spirit among coworkers and other partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree and/or 3 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of account management, fundraising, sales, or related field. Proficiency in account management, customer service, community relations, sales and marketing, project management, and volunteer management.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Organizational and interpersonal skills are critical to this position. Effective time management is essential along with the ability to multi-task. A demonstrated keen sense of relationship building is needed. Must be computer proficient and be detail oriented. Experienced knowledge of the St. Joseph County, Indiana area with strong network of relationships is helpful. An understanding of and the need for commitment to community improvement is a must.
Interpersonal Communications, Integrity/Accountability, Customer Service, Strategic Thinking, Diversity/Inclusion, Relationship Building
Effective communication and public speaking skills, Project and Workload Management, Job Knowledge
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as forecasting potential for assigned accounts and new opportunities based on percentage of participation, industry average donor gift and other factors as relevant.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of mathematical information, as well as, circumstantial conditions and interpersonal information in order to successfully respond to donors, clients and any internal or external stakeholders.
The candidate should be able to show the ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a high adaptability to change. Ability to work around loud noises. Ability to help deliver materials to companies/agencies. Ability to attend United Way events during evenings and weekends. Ability to clean and maintain a clean desk and common work areas.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Must have the ability to handle stress. Ability to lift and carry 5-20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include appropriate vision needed to drive as required for a valid driver’s license. Ability to move files to filing cabinet. Ability to stand and/or sit and file. Must have reliable transportation.
Attn: Human Resources
United Way of St. Joseph County
3517 E. Jefferson Blvd.
South Bend, IN 46615
United Way of St. Joseph County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Click here for PDF version of job description.