Source: Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
Special Edition Tax Tip 2012-12
College-bound students and their parents sometimes face last minute requests to complete or provide additional information for financial aid applications.
The Internal Revenue wants to help by minimizing time spent on the completion of the Department of Education’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). By using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, applicants can automatically transfer required tax data from their federal tax returns directly to their FAFSA form.
- More Flexible Offer-in-Compromise Terms Help Taxpayers Make a Fresh Start
- A Lesson from the IRS for Students Starting a Summer Job
- Special Tax Benefits for Armed Forces Personnel
- IRS Offers Tips on How to Fix Errors Made on Your Tax Return
- Automated IRS System Helps College-Bound Students with Financial Aid Application Process