GOAL: Ensure adults achieve long-term financial stability by developing the skills and opportunities to obtain and sustain employment.
Community Issue: Across St. Joseph County, 40% of households struggle to afford the basic necessities of housing, child care, food, health care, and transportation. Many of these families–“the working poor”–have one or more members working full-time but are mired in low-wage jobs that provide inadequate benefits and offer little opportunity for advancement and economic security.
United Way’s Community Impact Goal: Ensure adults achieve long-term financial stability by supporting programs that help them develop the skills to meet their basic needs, obtain and sustain employment and improve their quality of life.
- Increase workforce readiness.
- Increase financial literacy.
- Increase access to primary and behavioral healthcare.
- Provide opportunities to increase educational levels.
- Improve transportation options for low-income families and individuals.