Summary & Scope:
The Campaign Manager is responsible for directing all aspects of corporate and employee engagement, campaigns and stewardship of individual donors within the assigned portfolio. The position will establish, grow and strengthen relationships with employers, donors and internal leadership/influencers to maximize engagement and giving through corporate social responsibility. This position will work with volunteer Employee Campaign Managers (ECMs) to create an effective team in building donor relationships, establishing and meeting fundraising goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement annual and long-range plans for corporate and individual donor portfolio to include increased giving, participation and engagement.
- Work with volunteer leadership and executive staff to establish and execute customized engagement strategies for portfolio of corporate accounts and donors.
- Develop prospective and maintain current corporate partners and individual donors.
- Utilize United Way St. Joseph County’s CRM system for relationship management and data accuracy
- Present to groups about UWSJC’s mission and cause in a variety of businesses/interest groups.
- Review historical data to better understand opportunities for alignment within specific businesses.
- Assist in updating, tracking and processing campaign results
- Supports volunteer engagement initiatives
- Understands, develops and communicates a thorough understanding and support for the mission of UWSJC
- Develops and maintains a strong working relationship with other departments
- Supports and attends UWSJC events, including occasional weekends
- Takes initiative and sees tasks through with minimal supervision
- Understanding of and ability to regularly access reporting and synthesize research
- Participation in the development and maintenance of special committees and interest groups
- Actively engage in business networking opportunities.
- Promote established organizational values among internal and external UW constituents.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Promote a cooperative spirit among coworkers and other partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and/or 3 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of account management, fundraising, sales, or related field. Proficiency in account management, customer service, community relations, sales and marketing, project management, and volunteer management.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Organizational and interpersonal skills are critical to this position. Effective time management is essential along with the ability to multi-task. A demonstrated keen sense of relationship building is needed. Must be computer proficient and be detail oriented. Experienced knowledge of the St. Joseph County, Indiana area with strong network of relationships is helpful. An understanding of and the need for commitment to community improvement is a must.
Interpersonal Communications, Integrity/Accountability, Customer Service, Strategic Thinking, Diversity/Inclusion, Relationship Building
Effective communication and public speaking skills, Project and Workload Management, Job Knowledge
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as forecasting potential for assigned accounts and new opportunities based on percentage of participation, industry average donor gift and other factors as relevant.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of mathematical information, as well as, circumstantial conditions and interpersonal information in order to successfully respond to donors, clients and any internal or external stakeholders.
The candidate should be able to show the ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a high adaptability to change. Ability to work around loud noises. Ability to help deliver materials to companies/agencies. Ability to attend United Way events during evenings and weekends. Ability to clean and maintain a clean desk and common work areas.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Must have the ability to handle stress. Ability to lift and carry 5-20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include appropriate vision needed to drive as required for a valid driver’s license. Ability to move files to filing cabinet. Ability to stand and/or sit and file. Must have reliable transportation.
United Way of St. Joseph County is an Equal Opportunity Employer